T07.3(a,b)










Comentarios

  1. At the bottom of page 10, you write "Applying the Clairaut-theorem"? I never heard that name? Can you say where it comes from?
    In any case, part (a) is absolutely correct.
    The first task of part (b) is also correct. However, then you do something which is conceptually wrong. The problem 7.3 is about a real gas. So you should not assume that the gas is ideal. After all, we want to use the formula for calculating the internal energy for a real gas. Hence, on the LHS you should keep U(T,V), on the RHS you can -- in principle -- calculate the integral from the knowledge of the equation of state. So the only unknown part is U(T,V_0). So now, we consider the limit V_0 to infty. Then the physical question arises, what happens to U(T,V_0) which is the internal energy of the real gas, if V_0 goes to infinity. You should have found an answer to that question.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I had read it here: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teorema_de_Clairaut
    Oh, I see, I used what we want to demonstrate instead to do it. Thank you, professor, I'll check it.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Work for an ideal gas in a 3D container (corrected)

homework T06.3, a) and b)