First part of Homework T08

I am still working on two additional problems for Tarea 08. But meanwhile I want to share with you the first problem:


Comentarios

  1. Excuse me professor, I have two questions.

    1. Why is it written that instead of considering N=N(μ) we consider μ= μ(N) but then for the partial derivative of S with respect to μ there is a chain rule that includes N as a function of μ? Where is the variable substitution reflected? this part is confusing to me.

    2. What is the initial condition that is mentioned in a)? Is it that U and X are constant? does it refer to the thermodynamic limit?

    ResponderBorrar
  2. Thanks for the questions.
    1. I wrote "That is, instead of considering N = N(mu) we consider mu = mu(N)". This is indead misleading. It should rather say the opposite: "We then consider N = N(mu)". The idea is solving the differential equation for that function and then isolate mu as a function of N and the other variables, U and X which are kept fixed.

    2. A general solution of the differential equation will be of the form

    N(mu,U,X ) = N(mu0,U,X) + some function of mu,U,X which is zero at mu = mu0

    I don't know yet the form of the solution. So it is hard to tell where to place the initial value. I.e. how to chose mu0.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

Work for an ideal gas in a 3D container (corrected)

homework T06.3, a) and b)