Doubts T06
Good Evening
I have a doubt in the T06.1
When you ask us to calculate the average potential energy you mean, the time average?, or the average like
I have a doubt in the T06.1
When you ask us to calculate the average potential energy you mean, the time average?, or the average like
\int d\Gamma V(x) \exp{-\beta H}/ \Omega ?
The average with respect to the canonical ensemble -- not the time average. In fact you should use the equipartition theorem as presented in the lecture notes.
ResponderBorrarOk, I was reviewing and I think it would be like this:
Borrar= -\frac{1}{\beta}\ \frac{\partial [Ln(\Omega)]}{\partial \beta} - \frac{k_B T}{2}
Am I right?
PD: I tried to put the formula as image but I couldn't
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
BorrarAverage(H_pot) =*
BorrarGood morning. I have another questions: in the part 2, is eta a constant? And in the third part, (V; p) is a vector, isn't it? Is not a binomial coeficient. Thank you.
ResponderBorrarmatrix*
BorrarHi Bianca, I am sorry, but I don't understand to which part you refer to.
ResponderBorrarOr do you refer to problem 3. There, "p" is pressure and "V" is volume.
The problem there, is about classical thermodynamics -- not statistical physics.
Hi, is next to (i)An expanssion.... (V; p)= l (V_b; p_b)+(1-l)(V_a; p;a).
ResponderBorrarMy question was that if it is matrix notation, I mean, V= l *V_b+(1-l)*(V_a); p=l*p_b+(1-l)*p_a.